Obstacles & VFR Landmarks – FRANCE
« Obstacles & VFR Landmarks – FRANCE » is an addon for Microsoft® Flight Simulator® covering the entire French territory and designed to add more than 500 000 landmarks to the
scenery, including virtually all of the obstacles to navigation identified by the SIA (Service for Aeronautical Information), that have been qualified and geo-referenced.
The ambition of this product is to provide a true benchmark of obstacles and landmarks for VFR simulated navigation. We will soon set upa monitoring and reporting that will allow to regularly specify, modify existing data and add new objects or object classes.
NEW V 2.0 for FSX and Prepar3D
Obstacles and landmarks added !
- + 3000 churches, cathedrals, basilicas
- + 3000 antennas
- + 2200 windmills
- + 1000 water towers
- + 1000 industrial tanks
- + 70 lighthouses
Procedural objects added !
- + 23000 castles
- + 55000 greenhouses
More than 3500 obstacles identified by S.I.A. including:
- 1 000 radio and TV broadcast antennas, telecommunications towers.
- 1 000 microwave towers and telecom transmitters
- 200 cooling towers, smokestacks and flares
- 500 water towers.
- biggest bridges and viaducs.
- complete set of thermal and nuclear power plants.
Details of obstacles and landmarks included:
- 350 000 power towers with lighting in the vicinity of airports, representing virtually all High Voltage and Extra High Voltage networks.
- 1 000 microwave towers and telecom transmitters.
- 3 000 HV substations.
- 3 000 windmills.
- 55 000 churches, cathedrals, basilicas
- 10 000 water towers.
- 13 thermal and 19 nuclear power plants.
- 5 000 agricultural silos.
- 11 000 industrial tanks.
- 11 000 antennas.
NEW REVISION V 2.0 for FSX and P3D
UPGRADE from V1.0 to V2.0
« Obstacles & VFR Landmarks – FRANCE » is now splitted in 2 separate items : version V1.00 for FS2004 (with FSX-SP2 DirectX®9 compatibilityand new revision V2.0 designed for FSX-SP2 DirectX®10 and et Lookheed Martin® ‘s Prepar3D®.
First version v1.0 customers can buy an upgrade to V2.0.
It is compatible with all types of addons, such aslandclass or photo sceneries. It must be set in the scenery library over “photo” and “landclass” sceneries and below the local sceneries such as airports or France VFR “VFR Regional” series. France VFR® products called CityPack, VFRPack and JetSet are considered as local sceneries.
As « Obstacles & VFR Landmarks – FRANCE » is built upon geo-referenced data, we recommend the combined use of a high resolution mesh such as France VFR® NEXTMesh France.
Of course this product is totally suitable for our TRUElandscape – FRANCE .